Frequently Asked Questions:
We are a law firm specialized in intellectual property with more than 15 years of experience in the registration and protection of trademarks and copyrights.
We put at your disposal a series of technological tools to facilitate the process of registering your trademark or the protection of your copyrights such as:
- 100% digital process, so you can register even if you are not in Mexico City.
- Advice prior to your procedure and subsequent follow-up until you obtain your certificate.
- Background search response in 60 minutes*.
- Presentation of your application in the first 48 hours after your payment.
- Virtual file where you can consult your certificates issued through us.
- Trademark surveillance during the first year of your registration with the option to extend coverage.
NO, we do not have any kind of relationship with the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI). We are a firm of specialists in intellectual property matters that will advise you and carry out the procedure before the authority on your behalf.
According to the Industrial Property Law, a trademark is any visible sign that distinguishes products or services from others of the same kind or class in the market.
It may be represented by a:
Generally speaking, we can list the following types of trademarks:
These are trademarks that identify a service or product based on a word or a group of words. These marks must be phonetically distinguishable from services or products of the same kind.
These are figures or logos that visually differentiate a trademark. That is to say, they are distinctive figures that are not recognized phonetically but visually.
They correspond to the shape of the products or their respective packaging or containers. All this provided that they are sufficiently distinctive and differentiated from products of the same class. We can say that three-dimensional trademarks correspond to bodies with 3 dimensions, such as bottles, packaging, boxes, among others.
They are trademarks resulting from the combination of any of the elements previously listed.
Commercial Advertisement or Slogan
It is a phrase whose main purpose is to promote and differentiate a product or a service provider from other businesses engaged in the same activity. It often serves as a slogan or advertising phrase.
Among some of the most important benefits of registering your Trademark we can point out the following:
- Exclusivity of use.
- Increase the value of your business by being able to rent, sell or transfer.
- Prevent illegitimate use of your trademark.
- Generate more sales by showing a solid constitution and even establish franchises of your brand.
- Strengthen the image of your business by demonstrating that your projects have vision and commitment.
Registering a trademark has a cost of $299 USD tax included for each class in which registration is required.
To register a trademark you can do it from the following link:
Trademark Registration >
You can learn more about the Trademark Classes in this link:
- Payment referenced with SPEI (STP).
- Payment with Debit and Credit Card,
- Payment in convenience stores, pharmacies and others.
- It is also possible to pay by credit card in our offices in CDMX (by appointment).